Valentine’s Day is less than two weeks away, so I’d thought I’d try an easy treat. Really though, these can be customized for any occasion. You can trade out the colors for your favorite team in the Super Bowl, or even go for a red, white, and blue for at least three holidays during the year.
My real reason for making these though, was to have an allergy friendly sweet. I’m currently dairy-free for the second time and am always gluten-free. I found Enjoy Life products after the birth of my first son. These chocolate chips are great because they are dairy, nut, soy, and gluten-free.
1/3 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
24 Mini Pretzels
Sprinkles/Toppings of choice
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper
- Once chocolate is melted, dip pretzels, and place on the covered cookie sheet
- Immediately sprinkle with topping of choice before chocolate hardens
- Once all pretzels are dipped, place cookie sheet in the fridge for 5 minutes
- Gurl, you know I don’t have a double boiler. Boil water in a small pot, and place an ovenproof glass bowl over it.
- I used Synder’s Gluten Free Mini Pretzels. EnerG is the only brand of pretzels I’ve found so far that are also soy free.
- I tried a few different ways, but I liked the half dip. I thought it looked good as half-and-half, and it was also easier.
- My chocolate just covered all of my pretzles, so you may need more depending on your dipping.
- Mix it up and try different toppings like toffee bits, nuts, sprinkles, or crushed candy canes.